Design on the fly - literally

I get a lot of magazines sent to me on a regular basis at no cost - publications on fashion, architecture, interior design, graphic design, business, travel, food, wine, music and other topics. There's usually a stack of them in my living room, and on my night- stand, waiting to be read. This morning, while having my second latte, I was flipping through the latest issue of SPIN. Visually, it's really an appealing magazine - lots of great photos, intriguing illustrations, excellent writing, attention-getting ads and interesting typography (and the ink smells good, too). Then I started laughing...

The article "Stitch at the Devil," in the publication's "NOISE" section, is the story of the latest venture into the fashion industry by Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx. His Royal Underground line, created in collaboration with fashion veteran Kelly Gray of the clothing concern St. John, has made its way in Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales. Among the photos of T-shirts, sweatshirts and jackets was a shot of a pair of jeans - the subject of my giggles.

The image of a seven-inch tape measure is sewn into the flap of the zipper fly. I suppose it gives new meaning to the measure of a man being determined by the clothes he wears.

Still, there seems to be no reason for any man to be concerned, or uncomfortable, when wearing the pants. In the article Sixx confesses, "It's weighted in the guys favor."

Give a guy an inch...

Image courtesy of SPIN

© 2007 Jeff Fisher LogoMotives

No comments: