Nothing like a slap in the face
to wake up a design community in the morning

Yesterday the discussion on the About.com Graphic Design forum was primarily about the poor ad placement on the Graphic Design home page. Mutiny was being discussed - and, to be honest, I don't know if I want to be supporting a site that obviously has little concern or respect for their professional graphic design community. It's unfortunate, especially as I have been an active member of the valuable discussion forum for nearly a decade. The rotating ads were popping up again on the site this morning:

Even odder, and on the same general topic, was the email I received a few weeks ago from a marketing representative of HP. She explained that following a visit to my website she was wondering if I would be interested in a link exchange with the recently acquired "logo design" division of the HP company.

Huh?

© 2007 Jeff Fisher LogoMotives

2 comments:

Samuel John Klein said...

ZO. M. G.

The mind just boggles here.

Anonymous said...

So, I wonder... it was mentioned on the About forum thread that the owner of LW started the company because he was mad at the graphic design industry. (I'm guessing he had a bad experience - I can only imagine how entertaining a story THAT is.) Do you think they recommend starting a company because of an industry-specific vendetta in their "free business start up guide"?

Ridiculous, all of it.